Amending 2009 Personal Income Tax Returns

The time to make any changes to your 2009 personal income tax return is coming to a close soon.  April 15, 2013 is the last day you can amend your 2009 income tax return if you have discovered an error on it.  (you may have a bit more time if you filed an extension in 2009)

Changes can be made by filing a form 1040X.  Make sure you give an adequate description of the changes you made or the IRS may reject your amendment.

This entry was posted in Tax Issues and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s